Saturday 24 July 2010

Day Two: I've met the love of my life

The next couple of days till we left for Thailand passed in near blur emotions. On Tuesday, I packed an overnight bag and left for work. M would be meeting me at my office before lunch. I had had text messages from friends querying about him and us, curiosity and concern coming through on my phone.

He found me easily enough. I couldn't believe that he was here - sitting in my office library, patiently waiting for me to wrap up some things before we took off for lunch. Japanese was on the menu that day - I introduced him to Meidi-Ya and its cheap food court. Then...I truly forgot how the rest of the afternoon went; just that it went by fast. And at the day's end, we went back to his hotel.

After dumping my bag in the new room they gave him (complete with circular bed and organza drapes, glassed-in bathroom and huge tub - cheesy yes, but much more comfortable!) we went exploring Joo Chiat and its restaurants. This is a foodie's heaven and M was interested in everything including the karaoke bars and hostesses. He was curious enough to pop into one to see. Finally hungry, we tried a restaurant at the corner of Joo Chiat and Koon Seng Road - Tai Shek Hei House of Bamboo Noodles. Its owner John See suggested some dishes, all delicious, hearty servings of Chinese cuisine.

We shared everything, a habit that now marks how we eat when we travel. Again, we couldn't resist holding hands across the table before the food arrived, later leaving delicious morsels on the other's plate or feeding the other directly. M was enjoying the moment; I was too although still a bit reserved, thinking of the night to come, my mind and heart doing flip-flops whenever he looked at me, or touched me.

We walked some more after that before heading back to his hotel, both deciding that we rather just chill out there then at a pub. We watched some soccer from the World Cup as we got cleaned up for bed. He isn't shy at all, and immediately put me at ease about myself, my body and my rapidly growing feelings for him.

It was an amazing introduction for two people from opposite sides of the planet who found each other online and were slowly falling in love.

No comments: