Saturday 24 July 2010

Day Three: I've met the love of my life

Today was important. M would be having dinner. At my home. With my parents. That was on my mind all day at work. Again, the "what ifs" were raging. I know... enough already.

M joined me for lunch before leaving to spend an afternoon exploring Little India. He returned late afternoon and spent the rest of the time with me in the office, occasionally meeting some of my friends there, reading some magazines and just relaxing. I suppose after the crazy schedules of work and 16 hour days, this was bliss. He watched us gather for a company group photo and patiently waited till it was finished.

In the taxi ride back home, I sat within his arms as usual, talking about the day while making plans for the short holiday that weekend. We had decided to go to Bangkok and Pattaya for 4 days starting Friday night, and not returning till Tuesday late. A perfect getaway for two people intent on getting to know the other and connecting. We were both excited and looking forward to this little 'honeymoon'.

Mom and Dad welcomed him warmly and M gave them hugs and thanks. The nerves slowly dropped away. Dad poured some wine while they chatted with M. He seemed to have hit it off with them - conversation was easy and flowing,  and it continued over dinner. We stayed for nearly 3 hours, having a very pleasant evening chatting over dinner and dessert, before heading off. They extended the invitation to him to stay at the house for the rest of the visit too. Exactly what I had been hoping for.

I found out much later that M had approached Dad in the kitchen and asked him permission to 'date' me. Oh goodness...! He said he would do it but I didn't think he actually would do it, you know? I realise that M is an old soul with values to match. He wants to do things right, taking the time and making the effort to ensure that all is as it should be for me, for us with my family.

I am getting more and more comfortable with him, his loving, very physical nature. Of course there is more to come, to discover for him and me. So far, it's like a dream, one that has me pinching myself to see if he would poof away. But no! M is right here, a very strong presence with no intention of leaving anytime soon.

No comments: